Lending Library exercise
table definitions and data for the Lending Library.
Use this procedure to set up and populate the tables.
- Each of these exercises uses only one table from the Lending Library.
- List the book numbers and titles of all the books in title order.
- List all the borrowers in alphabetical order.
- List the numbers and titles of the fiction books.
- List the titles of the books by Sutcliffe.
- List the authors, without repetitions.
- List the non-fiction authors, without repetitions.
- List the titles of all the maths books (Dewey 510 to 519).
- List the titles in European history (Dewey 940 to 949).
- List the books whose titles begin with the word "The".
- List the titles and authors of all the books whose authors begin with "S".
- List the authors in alphabetical order and number of books by each author.
Call the column displaying the number of books "Books".
- List the titles and authors of the fiction books that are on loan.
- Each of these exercises uses two tables from the Lending Library.
- List the borrowers who have books on loan.
- List the borrowers who have books on loan, and the number of books each borrower has on loan.
- List in book number order the numbers, titles, Dewey numbers, and authors of all the books,
and for those books that are on loan, list the names of the borrowers.
- List all the borrowers,
and for each borrower give the number of books on loan under the heading 'books'.
Lend the second copy of War and Peace to Millais.
- Return all the books that Vandyck has on loan,
then remove Vandyck from the list of borrowers.
Last updated on 12 September 2006.